MATLAB is a proprietary multi-paradigm programming language and numeric computing environment developed by MathWork.
MATlab provides a vast library of mathematical functions for linear algebra, statistics, Fourier analysis, filtering, optimization, numerical integration and solving ordinary differential equations. It provides built-in graphics for visualizing data and tools for creating custom plots.
Why use MATlab? Engineers and scientists worldwide use MATLAB for a range of applications, in industry and academia because MATLAB as a computer language is written in a mathematical scripting code that is very much similar to C++ and has the following advantages over other programs:
- It uses efficient vector and matrix computations
- It allows for easy creation of engineering graphics
- It is object-oriented and it has toolboxes that can be used for extensibility.
How to use MATlab on your Red Pitaya
Using MATlab on your Red Pitaya is simple, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open your Red Pitaya web application and click Development and then select SCPI server (as shown below in the screenshots). Starting SCPI server can be also done manually via Terminal.
- When SCPI server is started the IP of your board will be shown.
- Open MATLAB on your computer
- Copy the Code from blink tutorial example to MATLAB workspace
- Replace the IP in the example with the IP of your Red Pitaya board
- Hit RUN or F5 on your keyboard to run the code.
More details here.
Red Pitaya comes with FREE applications
Explore the wide array of Red Pitaya applications or create your own
The platform software is Open Source and available on Github. Device functionalities and data can be accessed through Matlab, Labview, Scilab and Python API’s.
Explore Red Pitaya Resources
Our team constantly works on enriching our information base which makes your experience with Red Pitaya better. Check out the documentation, teaching materials and case studies and start your Red Pitaya journey!