This application will turn your Red Pitaya board into an affordable LCR meter. It is the perfect tool for educators, students, makers, hobbyists and professionals seeking affordable, highly functional test and measurement equipment. Resistors, capacitors and inductors are basic components of all electrical circuits, and working on your projects you will definitely need to measure some components laying around on your working bench. The Red Pitaya LCR meter will enable you to do that quickly and accurately just by switching from one application to another. Note: To use the LCR meter application an additional extension module is needed. The LCR meter extension module is available on our online store. All Red Pitaya applications are web-based and don’t require the installation of any native software. Users can access them via a browser using their smartphone, tablet or a PC running any popular operating system (Mac, Linux, Windows, Android and iOS). The elements on the LCR meter application are arranged logically and offer a familiar user interface similar to bench LCR meters.
The graphical interface is divided into six main areas:
- Hold/Run button: It is used to start and stop measuring. Log data button. When selected, the measurements of parameters selected in the “Data options” field are logged in the table shown in area 6.
- Data options panel: It is used to select the desired parameter for which the measurement will be displayed in the main display panel shown in area 4.
- Measurement option panel: It is used to select a measuring frequency, range mode and range value. The user can select between the Parallel and Series measuring modes as well as between the Tolerance, Relative or Normal modes (modes described in the features section)
- Main display: In this panel the measurements of the parameter selected in “Data option” field are shown. The primary parameter is shown with a larger font and the secondary parameter with a smaller one. This is a very common practice, since by reading values from the display the user can automatically see the most important results.
- Secondary display: The main settings are shown on the secondary display: current selected parameters, measuring frequency and range mode. The min, max and average values or primary parameters are also shown.
- Logging table: Is used to log and export measured data. Logging is started by selecting the “Log data” button.
- Option buttons field: This is used to change the data in the table. The “Clear Min/Max” button will reset the min and max values in the secondary display.
Red Pitaya comes with FREE applications
Explore the wide array of Red Pitaya applications or create your own
The platform software is Open Source and available on Github. Device functionalities and data can be accessed through Matlab, Labview, Scilab and Python API’s.
Explore Red Pitaya Resources
Our team constantly works on enriching our information base which makes your experience with Red Pitaya better. Check out the documentation, teaching materials and case studies and start your Red Pitaya journey!